- Format: PDF
- Publisher: McGraw Hill / Medical; 6th edition (August 21, 2018)
- Language: English
- 1408 pages
- ISBN-10: 1259834425
- ISBN-13: 978-1259834424
Hailed as the best primer on the topic, Morgan & Mikhail’s Clinical Anesthesiology has remained true to its stated goal: “to provide a concise, consistent presentation of the basic principles essential to the modern practice of anesthesia.” This trusted classic delivers comprehensive coverage of the field’s must-know basic science and clinical topics in a clear, easy-to-understand presentation. At the same time it has retained its value for coursework, review, or as a clinical refresher.
This Sixth Edition has been extensively revised to reflect a greater emphasis on critical care medicine, enhanced recovery, and ultrasound in anesthesia practice.
Key features that make it easier to understand complex topics:
- Rich full-color art work combined with a modern, user-friendly design make information easy to find and remember
- Case discussions promote application of concepts in real-world clinical practice
- Boxed Key Concepts at the beginning of each chapter identify important issues and facts that underlie the specialty
- Numerous tables and figures encapsulate important information and facilitate recall
- Up-to-date discussion of all relevant areas of anesthesiology, including equipment and monitors, pharmacology, pathophysiology, regional anesthesia, pain management, and critical care
- URLs for societies, guidelines, and practice advisories
About the Author
David Mackey, MD is Professor of Anesthesiology, MD Anderson Cancer Center.
John Wasnick, MD is Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology, Texas Tech University.