- Format: PDF
- Publisher: CRC Press; 2nd edition (June 24, 2008)
- Language: English
- 1584 pages
- ISBN-10: 0849374928
- ISBN-13: 978-0849374920
The first edition of this comprehensive work quickly filled the need for an in-depth handbook on concrete construction engineering and technology. Living up to the standard set by its bestselling predecessor, this second edition of the Concrete Construction Engineering Handbook covers the entire range of issues pertaining to the construction and design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures.
New and Updated Topics Include ―
· The latest advances in engineered concrete materials and special concrete applications including architectural concrete
· Reinforced concrete construction and recommendations on the vast array of types of constructed facilities
· Specialized construction techniques, including the latest provisions of the 2006 International Building Code (IBC) on the design of structures in high seismicity zones
· Design recommendations for high performance and proportioning of concrete structural elements by the latest ACI 318-08 Building Code
· New materials, design of precast seismic bracing systems, and aesthetics of long-span bridge construction
Put 1200 Years of Experience to Work
This new edition contains ten new chapters on the state of the art in emerging areas of concrete construction and design engineering by leading experts. Each chapter examines its topic with detail and depth of discussion and culminates with an extensive list of selected references for the user to consult beyond the scope of the handbook. The thirty-seven contributors are national or international leaders in research, design, and construction with a combined professional practice of at least 1,200 years. The wealth of up-to-date knowledge they provide allows you to design constructed concrete structures that are vastly better, more efficient, and longer enduring.
There are no reviews yet.