The book allows the reader to apply their existing knowledge to a range of clinical scenarios and to gain new knowledge and apply it to further clinical situations. In addition the reader will be encouraged to transfer knowledge and diagnostic skills from one problem to another and guided to improve their self-directed learning and reflective skills.
- Clinically relevant to every day practice and thoroughly grounded in scientific evidence
- Uses a problem-based approach to help readers solve problems for themselves
- Contains clinical cases spanning a wide range of topics
- Richly illustrated in full colour throughout with high quality photos and radiographs
- Written by an international list of contributors
Shanon Patel is a specialist in endodontics; his time is divided between working in specialist referral practice in London, and teaching in the Endodontic Postgraduate Unit at King’s College London Dental Institute where he is involved in the training of future specialists. He has published over 20 papers in peer reviewed scientific journals, written 2 book chapters, co-authored the textbook Principles of Endodontics and is completing a PhD assessing the applications of Cone Beam CT in endodontics.
Henry F. Duncan is a lecturer and consultant in endodontics at Dublin Dental University Hospital, Trinity College Dublin coordinating teaching, clinical delivery of treatment and research in endodontics. He has published extensively and is currently undergoing a PhD assessing the influence of epigenetics and bio-inductive materials on vital pulp treatment.