The Basic Computing Skills You Need to Enhance Your Academic Education
Computing Fundamentals provides students with the basic computing skills needed to get the most from their educational endeavors, regardless of field of study. Written by Microsoft Office Master Instructor Faithe Wempen, this detailed resource helps you develop a strong understanding of how computers work and how they affect our society. In addition to helping you master essential computing tasks such as working with operating systems, applications, and the Internet, this book also provides you with all the knowledge you need for computing basics.
- Learn the types of computer hardware and how they work together
- Understand operating systems and application software
- Get a complete introduction to Windows® 7
- Learn the basics of Microsoft® Office applications
- Understand the essential technologies behind networking, the Internet, and the web
- Learn how to protect your online privacy and security
- Explore legal, ethical, and health issues of computing
- Each chapter includes a summary, list of key terms, and sample questions to help you master basic computer skills.