Use this atlas-style guide to master implant procedures and techniques! Written by leading expert Michael S. Block, DMD, Color Atlas of Dental Implant Surgery, 3rd Edition provides clear, full-color clinical photos and practical instructions covering a wide range of implant challenges. It takes you through treatment planning, presurgical guidelines, detailed surgical techniques, and postoperative follow-up. This edition adds more case studies and coverage of computed tomography. With this book, you’ll be able to address any implant-related situation and achieve optimal results!
- Clear step-by-step procedures include indications, contraindications, and treatment results for each procedure.
- Over 1,400 full-color photographs and drawings depict important concepts and techniques, and show treatment from beginning to end.
- Indications and contraindications for each procedure provide details of why a procedure is performed.
- A discussion of the result of prosthodontic treatment is provided for each case, explaining how implant placement factors into successful therapy.
- Chapters are organized by oral anatomy and surgical technique, with each chapter presenting a different area of the mouth or a specific surgical technique.
- The Mandible section covers various approaches to augmentation of the atrophic mandible, including a case that utilizes distraction osteogenesis.
- Detailed cases of posterior mandible surgery demonstrate onlay bone harvesting and grafting the deficient ridge.
- The Maxilla section features sinus grafting, hard and soft tissue procedures, and the relatively new zygomaticus implant procedure.
- References are provided at the end of every chapter for additional reading and research.