- Format: PDF
- Publisher: Routledge; 2nd edition (March 13, 2017)
- Author: Michael Chibili
- Language: English
- 380 pages
- ISBN-10: 9001867332
- ISBN-13: 978-9001867331
Basic Management Accounting for the Hospitality Industry uses a step by step approach to enable students to independently master the field.
This second edition contains many new themes and developments, including:
- the essence of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- integration of the changes caused by the evolution of the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI)
- the extension of price elasticity of demand, and addition of income and cross elasticities
- the addition of break-even time (BET) as an additional method of analysing capital investments
The objective of the book is to provide an introduction to the basic management accounting concepts and applications based on Einstein‘s maxim that ‘everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler’. This choice of simplification is due to the fact that the level of English used in the text takes into consideration that a good proportion of students in hotel or tourism-related education use English as a second language.
Up-to-date and comprehensive coverage, this textbook is essential reading for hospitality management students. Additional study and teaching materials can be found on www.hospitalitymanagement.noordhoff.nl